Today we made a dish called Fried Fruit Fun. We got some ingredients and had to make a dish out of them, like the show Chopped. We got Cinnamon Swirl cereal, a papaya, a mango, and Greek cream cheese. This is a dish we completely made up. It is also made of banana, blackberries, chocolate syrup, and butter. This is how we made them:
- Peel and slice 1 banana 1 mango and 1 Papaya and put them all in a bowl.
- Pour Cinnamon Swirls into a medium zip plastic bag until almost full and thoroughly crush. A rolling pin helps!. Then pour the crumbs into a separate bowl.
- Put a stick of butter into a frying pan set on medium-high. Wait for the butter to melt
- Coat the pieces of fruit with the powered cereal and place them in the frying pan
- Fry one side until golden brown, then turn and fry the other side
- Put all of the pieces of fruit onto plates
- Add the cream cheese on the side and put a blackberry in the middle of the cream cheese
- Use chocolate syrup to make a smiley face on the plate.
- Serve and enjoy!
It was a really good recipe and Turtle liked how all of the parts of the dish balanced out. Moose liked that it was a mixture of tangy and sweet. The texture and color were really nice. It tasted delicious.
Turtle and Moose