- 10 slices of Italian bread
- 1 cup of ricotta cheese (I had to sample some it to make sure it was “ok”)
- 4 TBS of chopped fresh basil
- Cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- In a small bowl stir together ricotta, basil, salt and pepper.
- Top each slice of bread with mozzarella
- Top half of the slices of bread with a few squished cherry tomatoes, salt and pepper
- Top remaining slices with ricotta cheese mixture
- Combine the slices and grill
- 1 1/4 lb. zucchini
- 3 tbsp. plain flour
- Oil for frying
Trim zucchini and cut them into thin strips. Dry zucchini well on paper towel and coat in flour (putting the slices in a large Ziploc bag with the flour and shaking the bag works really well). Heat oil in a deep-fryer. Fry until lightly golden, then drain on paper toweling. Serve hot with tartar sauce or horseradish sauce.
These recipes were really easy to make and were incredibly delicious. I also liked squishing the cherry tomatoes onto the sandwiches!