I cooked Tofu Enchiladas yesterday and it was fun and really cool.
Ten Minute Tofu Enchiladas
- 2 12 ounce packages firm or extra-firm tofu, pressed
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1 16 ounce can enchilada sauce
- 2 cups cheddar
- 5-8 flour tortillas
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pan, crumble the tofu and sauté in olive oil with taco seasoning until lightly golden brown and coated with spices.
- Transfer the sautéed tofu to a large bowl and add approximately 1/2 cup enchilada sauce and half of the cheese. Combine well.
- In the bottom of a baking pan or casserole dish, spread a thin layer, about 1/4 cup, of enchilada sauce.
- Place a few spoonfuls of the tofu mixture in each flour tortilla. Roll up and place in baking dish, stacking each enchilada closely.
- Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the tortillas in the pan, and sprinkle the remaining of the cheese on top.
- Bake your tofu enchiladas for 20-25 minutes, or until done.
I pressed the tofu, poured the enchilada sauce, poured the taco seasoning, and poured the cheddar cheese. (Note the taco seasoning smelled a lot like the filling used for vegetarian tacos.) I loved this recipe because it’s delicious.